It can be done remotely or face to face in Bilbao. It is completely free and without obligation.
First remote consultation
- The appointment can be done by telephone or videoconference. It lasts approximately 45 minutes.
First face to face consultation in Bilbao
- The duration of the first appointment lasts approximately 1 to 2 hours, but this may vary depending on the patient.
If you wish, the gynecologist will perform a gynecological ultrasound to evaluate your uterus and ovaries.
You can also carry out tests (such as blood tests, spermogram, etc.).
- If you are interested, please contact us to make an appointment and find out the prices.
Before the appointment, we will ask you to complete online questionnaires in order to find out your family and personal medical history.
You can also send us or bring to the appointment all medical reports from treatments or tests previously carried out.
It is important to have all information and know all the details of the medical file of the patient and/or her partner to be able to establish a diagnosis and treatment that is as accurate as possible.
After the appointment, and after having read the reports and tests provided, the need to carry out other tests or analyzes will be assessed.
There are no tests required for the first appointment with the Doctor. However, any results of recent tests or treatments you may have will be of great help to bring to this consultation.
Following the first appointment, the Dr will give you a list of tests necessary based around your personal case.
Here are some additional tests and/or studies that may be necessary before starting assisted reproduction treatment:
- Blood test: Blood group and rhesus. In the case of a negative rhesus, the indirect Coombs test will also be requested.
- Complete blood count.
- Biochemical: fasting blood sugar, creatinine, urea, transaminases (AST/ALT).
- Coagulation (TCA, PT).
- Serologies: Rubella, HIV, HCV, HBsAg, HBcAc, VDRL/TPHA (6 months validity).
- Basic hormonal analysis (carried out between the 2nd and 4th day of your cycle): FSH, LH, Estradiol, Progesterone.
- Other hormones: Prolactin, TSH, T4L, T3.
- Gynecological check-up (this can be done during the first appointment in the clinic).
- Gynecological ultrasound.
- Cervical cytology (PAP test).
- Blood group and rhesus Serologies: Rubella, HIV, HCV, HBsAg, HBcAc, VDRL/TPHA (6 months of validity).
- Spermogram: bring all spermograms carried out. It is important to have one that is recent.
When you come to our centre for your first visit, you have the option of having the necessary blood tests done at the clinic.
It is also possible to perform other supplementary studies here in Bilbao at our partner centres upon request.